Internships are available throughout the year from many different venues. Here you can view several of the internship applications that have deadlines in the near future. Keep in mind that this is not an all-inclusive list of internships, but it provides a wide range of options that previous CISS students have considered.
Remember to inform our Internship Coordinator Wesley Yates about your goals and progress throughout the application process. He offers valuable guidance in obtaining an internship that meets requirements for the ISS minor.
General Deadline Information
- Federal internship application periods typically open during the fall for the following summer. For example: If you are applying for an internship for summer 2019, the application period will typically be from August 31, 2018 through November 15, 2018.
- While each agency’s application period takes place during the fall, the deadline dates vary so please be aware of each agency’s deadline.
- Internships with private organizations often vary or are on a rolling basis. Please visit each organization’s website to verify application deadlines.
The seventeen Government Agencies often provide ideal internships for students to gain experience due to their high prestige.
- Undergraduate Internship Program, Central Intelligence Agency National Clandestine Service (CIA NCS)
- CIA Undergraduate Internship Programs
- NSA Undergraduate Internship Programs
- FBI Internships
- Department of State
- Department of State post their internship announcements at usajobs.gov.
- Treasury Department
- Treasury Department post their internship announcements at usajobs.gov.
- Office of Naval Intelligence
- Marine Corps Intelligence HQ
Military intelligence internships often grant students a hands-on approach, providing a jumpstart into a particular career path in the military while providing skills that are transferable to civilian careers as well.
Interning within the private sector can develop a students’ personal interests, research and briefing skills while the student experiences more focused intelligence tasks that match the company’s goals.